Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vegetable Quiche Cups to go


Small confession here, I haven't made these little goodies in a while but I love them so much I just have to share! My husband and I started the south beach diet shortly after we got married (awesome diet in my opinion), and this is a recipe from the book. I was really leery about this recipe at first because I wasn't sure my husband would like them but turns out we both did and they are really easy to take along especially on mornings that you are running late! So below is the recipe, I hope you like them as much as we did!

Ingredients:

1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
3/4 c liquid egg substitute
3/4 c shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/4 c diced green bell pepper
1/4 c diced onion
3 drops hot sauce (optional)
(I also added crumbled turkey bacon)

Directions:

* Microwave the spinach on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray cups with cooking spray.
* Combine egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, spinach and bacon in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups (again an Ice cream scoop helps here). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

The qucihe cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave, you can also substitute any combination of vegetables or reduced-fat cheeses.

Hope you enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment